even your emotions have an echo

It's been two and a half years since I first got my hot, hot little hands on a copy of Photoshop. 7.0, in fact, the last real numbered version. It had been out since the previous Fall, and now it was April. The world was staggering back to it's feet, and I had a webcomic, a term I use with much charity. Like so many webcomic authours, I had an arrogant streak a mile long, and no idea what was truly funny. Previously, I had edited my work in MS Paint. I couldn't draw very well, and like so many, thought of Photoshop as some sort of magic bullet, especially given it's enthusiastic espousing by such luminaries as Mac Hall's Ian McConville. So, the second I got a copy, I began abusing it as much as possible.

The funny thing is, I was always experimenting. I tended to use the paintbrush over poorly my scanned pencil and ink work. Farily often it came out like crap. Anyway, the series eventually ended, and I restricted my art to devianART, still experimenting.

One thing I've noted during my time on dA is that good artists tend to change their appearance fairly often. Holly "Zeriara" Ramirez pretty much does something new with her hair every other week or so. One of the best artists I know IRL-and one of the few flaming gay people I've seen in this country-changed his look often, and also dyed his hair pink. I suspect that most spend their teenage years in a search for individual identity. In the case of artists, this search is what drives their work. I wondered why I didn't display this trait.

Then I looked at my art.

Anyone who's been monitoring my dA account knows that I change styles on an irregular basis. I also modify the look of my avatar within the art. This means that I change both the method of digital arting, and my own portrayal of myself, in lieu of actually changing RL my look. Come to think of it, the aforementioned Zer has a loosly defined, variable avatar.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it.

Oh, and my tablet died again. I'm starting to think that there's something wrong with the laptop, damaging it. I'll have to contact Dell Tech Support.
// in so much space

2 comments

by Blogger Rape Machine at 7:56 PM  
What the hell?

-Zeriara
by Blogger Rape Machine at 7:57 PM  
Hmm..

-Zer

Post a Comment

home